Today many of us feel like we are stuck as a cog in a machine. It’s not easy to see why what we do actually matters. Without meaning, our lives start to feel like they don’t really matter. This is not how God intended us to live.
In this episode, I discuss 6 steps to recapturing meaning in your life. You can find a purpose, but only through loving and serving God and others. We need to all be willing to risk: risk our hearts, risk our comfort, even risk our happiness in order to find that love and purpose.
Download the episode here!
Click “Continue Reading” to read the show notes!
6 steps to help find meaning in what you do.
“The most deadly poison of our time is indifference. And this happens although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise him to the greatest extent of our powers.” – St. Maximilian Kolbe.
- God created you for a purpose.
- If you aren’t dead, you have more that He intends for you to do.
- Love the Lord your God with all your Heart, with all your Might, with all your Strength
The study of inspired Scripture is the chief way of finding our duty. For in it we find both instruction about conduct and the lives of blessed men delivered in writing, as some breathing images of Godly living, for the imitation of their good works.” St. Basil the Great
- Read the Bible
- Love your neighbor as yourself
- Giving is the only way to find happiness. Serving others gives meaning
- The details change over time
- See Jesus in others
- Mother Theresa – Jesus in His most distressing disguise
- St. Therese of Liseax? – story of helping the most annoying nun.
- Risk your heart
- We have to invest ourselves to find meaning.
- The more permanent the relationship, the more we must invest.
c. Even if your temp job sucks, for as long as you are stuck there, you have to contribute, or you will be hollow