Summer is coming! I am super excited for the warmer weather and outdoors adventures. In order to help kick off the season, I’m starting a series of podcasts about the great outdoors. The first episode, is why you should get outside.
God created nature and we can find incredible meaning and value in it. Today I discuss 6 reasons why you should start planning an outdoors adventure. Immersing yourself in nature can change not only yourself, but your interactions with your entire family.
I also include a continuum of nature engagement types. These will form the basis of future podcast episodes as we start to explore just how to connect with God’s amazing creation of nature.
If you are not subscribed (the route I prefer for the podcasts I listen to) you can download the mp3 here!
Click “Continue Reading” to read the show notes!
Episode 18 – Go outside!
Approaching summer time, get your self, family, friends, people you value, and go outside!
6 reasons why you should plan an outdoor adventure
- Science demonstrates the value for your children
- Changes get our attention – break monotony
- We find peace in nature (note the bugs)
- It creates quality time – in a very direct, very special way
- It helps us connect to God
- The outside is more accessible than you think
Continuum of outside experiences:
- Beautiful drive